Born in 1927 in Valencia. He completed his studies at the French School in Madrid later in France and in Morocco (Certificat d'Études Primaires, Casablanca, 1939). The Bachelor was made in Mexico until 1944 and later studied Philosophy, Spanish Literature and French teacher in the program at the Sorbonne in Mexico. Between 1948 and 1954 he worked as a professor in the Intitut Français d'Amérique Latine and possibly also at the Alliance Française. His first poetry was published in 1945 and from 1948 held its first conference, articles and translations for these Economic Culture Fund. He held various offices in different areas: cinema, radio, translation, proofreading, interpretation, publication and dissemination of culture at the National University. And then in other cities such as Montevideo which was responsible for documentation and publication in an international organization from 1963 to 1964 he was in Paris from 1965 to 1966 and worked in various editorial. In Mexico he worked for film and television, taught at the Institute of Interpreters and Translators and was named professor and researcher for El Colegio de Mexico. In the United States he was a visiting professor at Princeton University. Since 1970 he joined the College of Mexico until his retirement in 1984, developing an intense cultural activity. Courses in literature, linguistics, literary theory and translation, as well as an organizer and first director of the College within a research project and teaching of translation. He was a member of the advisory board of the Dictionary of Spanish Mexico. Since 1985 he settled in Madrid and the south of France, dedicated to translation and to eventually teach courses, seminars, conferences. This Editorial has published Regaining sense (2005).